VA benefits payments no long paper check, goes electronic March 1 | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Starting next Friday, Veterans will receive their benefits electronically. On March 1, the government will stop issuing paper checks.
Veterans who do not sign up for electronic payments before next Friday will receive their funds via a pre-paid debit card.
To change your VA benefits to direct deposit go to www.GoDirect.org or call 1-800-333-1795 and ask about the "Go Direct" program.
For more information about VA benefits and programs, go to www.va.gov or call toll free 1-800-827-1000.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest