Ft. Benning hosts small arms championships | News
FORT BENNING, GA (WTVM)- The 2013 U.S, Army Small Arms Championships is underway at Fort Benning.
It is an all-Army competition open to soldiers of any rank in the entire Army formation.
The goal is not only to win, but to increase overall Army combat readiness and develop combat firing skills at all levels.
We caught up with the man who won this competition four years in a row, and he tells us what he enjoys most about this event.
"I enjoy shooting, it is my hobby… some people golf - I shoot things," said Master Sergeant Russell Moore, ROTC Command. "But besides that, it's these other soldiers that are out here, getting to work with them, interact and teach the things that I've learned over the years of my shooting career and being able to transfer that on to some of the newer soldiers, as well as some of the older soldiers."
Soldiers from all across the country are participating. The small arms championships will continue through February 8.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest