Fort Benning soldier arrested, charged with child abuse | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- William Christopher Robinson, 27, was on leave from the post at the same time that his ten-year-old stepson was out of school for Christmas break. That's when police said the trouble began in their apartment on Britt David Road.
The boy's mother became suspicious when she noticed her child was having difficulty walking.
"Upon arrival, the officer made the determination that the boy had bruising about his body, about his eyes. Warrants were sent to the provost marshal's office and Fort Benning officials cooperated. They were able to turn him over to us Wednesday afternoon," said Sgt. Charles Lee of Columbus police youth services.
Medical investigators said the boy received his injuries from being punched in the face and kicked in the groin multiple times.
Robinson is currently in the Muscogee County Jail facing three counts of first degree cruelty to children.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest