Officials announce temporary closure of Benning Road "Stone Gate" | News
From the Fort Benning Office of Public Affairs
FORT BENNING, Ga. - The Benning Road "Stone Gate" will be closed from 6 p.m. Nov. 16 to 5 a.m. Nov. 19.
The National Infantry Museum will be open and maintain regular weekend hours. Visitors to the museum will be able to access it from South Lumpkin Road.
Residents of Fort Benning or motorists on the installation will be able to access the museum from Benning Road outbound lanes.
Visitors to the installation will be able to access the post through the I-185, Sand Hill, Eddy Bridge and Harmony Church gates.
Access to the installation is strictly controlled through vehicle checkpoints.
All vehicles attempting to access the installation will be stopped and may be searched. Drivers and passengers who are 17 and older will be asked to present identification.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbus Cottonmouths deliver gifts to Midtown Medical Center
- Columbus Council moves forward with Riverwalk redevelopment, zip line on the way
- Friends, family remember Kenneth Walker 10 years after his death
- Final “Let’s Talk!...with the Mayor” forum is Dec. 12
- PAWS Humane offers specials, discounts for holiday season